Friday, May 8, 2009

Big Tent

I really thought I hit at least a double with this cartoon.

This really captures how I feel about the GOP. Rush Limbaugh and the other blowhards on the radio, as well as the bible thumpers have made the party unpalatable. I personally agree with much of the what the GOP stood for, personal responsible, individual freedom and free-market solution to societies problems. But I can't tolerate the intolerance that the party spews nowadays, and I think many "old school" republicans feel the same way.

As a side note, yes, the guy labeled "far right" does look like Rush Limbaugh, but I didn't label him as such, because he doens't need me feeding his ego, and the nutjobs like Sean Hannity and Glen Beck are just as bad (but not as recognizable).

Here's the rough draft:

No comments: